Thursday, June 14, 2007

Housemate Prayer Answered!

Regular readers at the Sedshed will know that I've been on the lookout for a new housemate since my old housemate Emma got married a month ago. Now I have one...finally! Thanks to God and The Advocate (a free newspaper put out by the Baptist church).

I got a shock when someone rang me about my ad the same day it appeared in The Advocate. I was bracing myself to wait for months but by the next day I was showing a girl through my house. Then the next day, another girl rang up and she also came through my house last Wednesday.

Both were nice people but I decided on Potential Housemate Number 2 and she was only too happy to accept. She's moving in this weekend!!!

New housemate's name is Aimee and she's a high school teacher who's lived in New Zealand and various African countries so she has a very cool mixed Kiwi/Zimbabwean accent. Since she has a queen size bed, she's going to take the master bedroom (which was formerly the study) so I've been busy shifting my furniture and making Emma's old room into my new study. Yesterday, Emma and Peter came over to move the last of Emma's stuff. It was a bit sad but there's still a few things that she's missed - including a chocolate rabbit from Easter that's still in the fridge (no, I wasn't even THINKING of eating it, I swear).

After Emma got married, I was horribly lonely because it wasn't like she was on holidays. This time she wasn't coming back and I could be living on my own for an unknown period of time. Thank goodness I had Ebony for company but there's only so much you can say to a cat. Now I've adjusted to it being just Ebony and me, it's a bit scary to be letting a stranger move into my house. Kind of exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. Please pray it works out okay.

Praise God and thanks to all those who prayed or who helped with advertising. My finances are starting to look a bit dire but I must remember that I'm still richer than the majority of the world.

If you're Christian and looking to share with other Christians, then I recommend advertising in or checking The Advocate. You can advertise for free but ads must be 25 words or less. That way you reach 15,000 Baptists in West Australia. 15,000 Baptists I tell you :)

2 comments:

bek said...

oh that is so good! I was thinking the other day about this litte situation of yours. im sorry none of my advertisements worked.

im very happy for you!

Sarah said...

Thanks for advertising for me. It doesn't matter whether it 'worked'; it's the thought that counts.