Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Help!

I've royally stuffed up my blog this time.

Since I managed to copy the Thumbs Up logo onto my blog, everything's gone haywire. That post keeps coming up with error messages saying there is no matching div tag or something or other. Now whenever I try to create a new post, it's permanently stuck on 'Edit' mode instead of 'Compose' and everything's in HTML. I hate HTML! I can't change it back despite going to the Settings tab and trying to fix it. It keeps saying it's already in Compose mode but it's not.

Now some of my previous posts have no left margin and everything looks squashed. There's no double spacing between lines either.

Can anyone help?

5 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Go to the HTML editing mode of the Thumbs Up! post.

Right at the bottom of that post there's a tag. It has a < symbol then /div followed by >. ( I can't actually show you the tage because Blogger sees it as html code.)

Try deleting that tag and see what happens.

Sarah said...

Thanks, it seems to have rectified itself. I deleted the tag at the end of the post and it chucked a fit at me but I ticked the box to ignore the error messages and posted it anyway.

But when I go to create a new post, it still comes up in Edit mode. I click on the Compose tab but nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Sarah said...

AAH now my profile's moved down to the bottom of the page as well....

Rodney Olsen said...

Ouch! It seems to be doing some weird stuff.

I take it that you haven't changed any template settings.

Try going to the post and then instead of clicking publish, click Save as Draft. That will unpublish the post while you work out what's happening.

Sarah said...

It's not the post. It's my whole template! it's totally ruined.

I have no idea how to fix it because I'm hopeless at HTML. I tried to bring the profile back up and now there's all this gibberish