Thursday, September 27, 2007

Will Jimmy Add a Premiership To His Brownlow?

According to some 'experts' pointing at recent history........no.

Geelong's Brownlow Medal winner Jimmy Bartel seems destined to be a member of the losing Grand Final side if the pattern continues....
1997 - Robert Harvey (St Kilda)
2000 - Shane Woewodin (Melbourne)
2003 - Nathan Buckley (Collingwood)
2005 - Ben Cousins (West Coast)
2006 - Adam Goodes (Sydney)

Although the following Brownlow winners in the nineties and noughties have gone on to be premiership players in the same year.
1993 - Gavin Wanganeen (Essendon)
2001 - Jason Akermanis (Brisbane)
2002 - Simon Black (Brisbane)

Maybe there's hope for Jimmy?

I hope so. I hate going for the Vics but I don't really have much of a choice. I feel sorry for Geelong with their 44 year premiership drought and I'm not going for the bogans from Port - they're as feral as the Dorkers. It must have something to do with port clubs ;)

Either way it will be a much less stressful Grand Final for me than the two previous years.
* Photo is from Sky News Online

4 comments:

Sarah said...

This dork :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCE0eJkz74k

bek said...

im tipping port - i reckon they got the goods.

Sarah said...

Yeah I reckon they might win too if the media are right about Geelong being nervous. There is SO much pressure on Geelong to break the drought and they haven't been in a GF for 12 years where Port were a few years ago. Go Geelong though. At the end of the day, it's not the Eagles so I don't really care who wins.

Mark Edwards said...

that guys my hero!! apart from the drinking while driving of course...thats pretty stupid...but its probably coke in the can