Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Wedding 4

Well I'm finally getting around to blogging about all the weddings I've been to this year - seven to be exact! They're all over now.

The fourth wedding I went to this year was that of Mick and Corinne. Both go to my church. I first met Mick through the Christian group at uni back in 2001 (before I was even a Christian) and we discovered that we were both from Albany.

Their wedding was on the 7th July which turned out to be a popular date around the world - 07/07/07. Despite being the middle of winter, the weather was fantastic. The ceremony was held at Balga Aboriginal Evangelical Church and was followed by a cocktail reception at Bell's Function Centre near the belltower.

It was also exactly one week before Dunc proposed.......

I guessed Mick would be wearing a kilt but he wouldn't admit it beforehand. His kilt was actually from his family's clan and he even had a dagger in his sock (it probably has a special name but I can't remember it).

A friend, Jill, put my hair in rags the night before but I stupidly brushed it in the morning and it went quite frizzy!





The newlyweds all smiles














And a pic of us!







Check out my Photobucket album for more wedding pics.

2 comments:

bek said...

you look gorgeous!

I love her dress!!

what's up with the cake????

Sarah said...

Aw thanks!

Hehe I loved their cake. They're both really into surfing so it's a blue wave and there's a little plastic surfboard on it with bride and groom frogs :)