Friday, January 04, 2008

Happy New Health!

While all of you were probably out celebrating the start of the New Year a few days ago, guess where I was?

In bed.

Yep, I was sick.......again!

But on New Year's Day, I had reason to celebrate as it was my first full day out of bed. It's surprising that when you're sick, you end up celebrating small mercies such as being able to eat a little bit, have a shower, walk around and so on.

A week ago, Duncan and I were down in Dunsborough at his parents' place when I first got sick. Believe me, you don't want this thing! It's like gastro and the flu all in one...so you get EVERYTHING! I was bedridden for a few days and when Duncan and his auntie tried to help me get from my bed to the loungeroom, I fainted on the kitchen floor.

We got back to Perth on New Year's Eve, a couple of days later than we planned and therefore missed out on our friend Craig's birthday party which had an 'International Dress' theme. I was very disappointed as I LOVE costume parties!

Since I got back, I've been pretty much stuck in my new house which is like a furnace during the day because there is no aircon or insulation.

So it's fair to say that this THING pretty much ruined the end of my holiday. I was getting more and more frustrated and struggling to give thanks to God in every situation. My immune system is pretty low right now due to a busy and stressful past few months so it's not surprising that I'm picking up so much stuff.

But there is good in everything. One of my 'resolutions' for this year was to lose a couple of kilos before the wedding. This virus helped me achieve that. Hey, it may not be the most recommended weight loss method around.....but it works!

Special thanks must go to my man who was my faithful nursemaid while I was sick. He was amazing to put up with me and I really hope he doesn't get sick too.

4 comments:

bek said...

oh spew (hehehe)

that really sucks!!

hope your feeling heaps better now!!

happy new year too!!

Sarah said...

Actually I didn't spew (hehe). Stopped myself several times...not that anyone really wanted that piece of info ;)

Thanks, yeah I am feeling better. I'm back at work and was actually looking forward to it just to be in aircon...until I got to work and found the aircon wasn't working (working now though).

Happy New Year to you too! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Oh boy, what a sad end of an actually great year!
Good you´re over it, let it go easy for a while, I´d say.
Sending you some frosty -4.5 degrees to your house ;-)

Sarah said...

Thanks, some frost would be nice :)