Wednesday, January 09, 2008

We Made It!!!

Last Saturday the 5th January, Duncan and I celebrated our one year anniversary. Can you believe it's been a year?!? A whole year since that phone call late at night on Friday 5th January 2007 when Duncan FINALLY asked me out and he thought I didn't sound too enthusiastic at first. But I was, I really was. So much that after we hung up, I went and woke Emma up in a very excited state and told her the good news.

Duncan was in Perth for the weekend so we decided to spend the whole of Saturday together, celebrating our anniversary. Okay, I know some of you have probably been married for YEARS and think 'a year of dating/being engaged'....ha, that's nothing.' But it was a big deal for us. A couple of days after we started going out, we experienced opposition from a third party intent on breaking us up. It was really stressful and I wondered whether our relationship was worth all this trouble. Obviously it is and we got through it thanks to God. I'm SO happy things have turned out the way they did and I believe we were both made stronger people because of it.

For our anniversary, I took Duncan out for lunch and he took me out for dinner. I feel bad letting him pay all the time, even though I had very little money at the end of last year, but I just wanted to do something nice for him. He chose The Secret Garden in South Perth for lunch and I told him I wanted fish and chips for dinner which we ate at the South Perth foreshore. Haha no-one can accuse me of being high maintenance!


We'd only been together just over two weeks in this photo

6 comments:

bek said...

WOW! I love that photo! It's great!

You two were in my dream last night. We were meeting up with you somewhere and I was totally stressing out because I didn't know what to talk about and kept saying to russ that I am completely different to how they probably view me...I tell you what, it was a really stressful dream!

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that ;) That's TWO weird dreams you've had that I've been in!

Middo said...

Congrats Sarah! Great to see you two going strong:)

Just a question...I am actually 'half' considering this whole novel thing. I suspect it will be something I start but don't finish, but thats another story. However, I would love to hear about the process you went through (could be a blog series:O) in going from 'idea' to 'pen on paper' with your novel? Even just how you started could be cool:D

Sarah said...

Okay I will oblige :)

Although looking inside the writing process in my head is a complicated thing so I hope it's helpful and not confusing. I've had the idea for the novel i'm writing in my head for the past 10 years! I'll have to outline the process without giving the plot away cos I want you all to get a copy when I finally finish it :)

Anonymous said...

Thats fine, more interested in the process than the plot as I DO want to read it when you finish it:)

bek said...

They had on the news the other day a dude who is a big author and he said that he starts every book with an outline. He outlines the start, middle, ending, when characters come into play, when people die, and when hints are given out.

That sounds like a pretty good start to me!