Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Funny

I laughed last night. For the first time in what seemed like ages. In reality it was probably only a few days but it felt like a long time. Duncan and I had dinner together for Valentine's Day and then went to see my pastor and his wife. They are taking us through a marriage preparation course, I guess you could call it, but David recently fractured his wrist so things are quite difficult for them and their kids at the moment. He was in quite a bit of discomfort and was also quite out of it and I was quite out of it (that sleeping pill took so long to wear off) but we managed to have a few laughs.

It felt so good to laugh. I read that laughing helps release endomorphins into your bloodstream which make you feel good. I'm going to try and laugh at least once a day for the next two months.

So here's a Friday Funny for the first time in months. I wanted to post something that made me laugh. I'm sick of people's stupid jokes about the wedding and when I tell them I'm not doing great, they actually have the nerve to have a little giggle. And to think I've consoled some of these same people when they've been stressed or grieving.......

Anyway here's the joke. Enjoy!

BEST BLONDE JOKE OF THE YEAR

A blonde called Lauren, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighbourhood. Lauren went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"
Lauren said, "How about 50 dollars?"
The man agreed and told her that the paint and other materials that she might need were in the garage.
The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband: "Does she realise that the porch goes all the way around the house?"
The man replied, "She should, she was standing on it!"

A short time later, Lauren came to the door to collect her money.
"You're finished already?" he asked.
"Yes," Lauren answered," and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."
Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50.
"And by the way," the Lauren added, "it's not a Porch... it's a Ferrari...!"

2 comments:

Amanda Hunt said...

LOL, very funny, I like it and will probably repeat it!

Iris Flavia said...

Took a second guess from here (it´s pronounced different) - but: Good one! :-)