Monday, March 10, 2008

The Drugs Don't Work

Stories like this make me glad that I'm not taking sleeping pills anymore. In case, you were wondering, I haven't taken them for a few weeks now. The doctor told me to take the prescription ones for only three nights, otherwise they can become addictive.

Those pills were terrible because they only put me in a light sleep which meant very vivid dreams. One night I dreamed the Olsen twins were my sisters and were going to be in my bridal party. The next night, I dreamed I was back in 1996 (aged 13) and I was still with Duncan (aged 15) and we were at Craig's 21st. When I told Craig that I didn't know him in 1996, that he didn't meet many of us at the party until years later, he tried to convince me that we met in Pizza Hut in 1996........weird!

My sleeping is better. Not great, but better. I still wake up a fair bit during the night but at least I can drift off to sleep earlier. The first couple of nights without the pills were so bad, I was almost crying because I couldn't get to sleep and was very tempted to take the pills again. But I didn't.

Still at least I haven't had any night adventures in a while ;)

No comments: