Monday, June 23, 2008

Jane McGrath Loses Her Battle

I was so sad to hear about the death of Jane McGrath on the news last night.

For those of you who don't know who she is, Jane was the wife of former Australian cricketer Glenn McGrath and had been battling cancer for quite a few years now.

I'm not sure why this has affected me. Perhaps because she had fought such a long and brave fight, that I thought she'd beat it in the end. Or maybe it's because breast cancer is an issue affecting so many women.

It angered me a few years ago when someone I was talking to (can't remember who) said they reckoned Glenn would be cheating on her because that's what all Aussie cricketers do. Just because Shane Warne is a sleazebag doesn't mean they all are. I would hate to have my character degraded simply because I was in the public eye. How did that person know that Glenn McGrath was anything but a loving and supportive husband? Answer: they didn't.

Pray for Glenn McGrath, who is now a single dad to two children and pray for the whole family, that they will know God's love at this time.

No comments: