Friday, June 27, 2008

Netball Update

Well, I've played five games of netball so far this season. It should have been six but we won one game on forfeit. It's a long story and was due to a mix up of timeslots. The team we were meant to be playing were VERY annoyed they had to forfeit (they only had two players show up) and for a moment I thought a catfight was going to erupt. Mrrrrow, I thought a few of the ladies were going to get the claws out but nothing happened. I think there's a fair degree of bitchiness in EVERY netball competition. Well, pretty much anywhere where it's all women sadly.

Our win-loss record is 2-4. In our second game, we lost by two 26-24 and then we had our first win the following week 38-21. The next week we were hammered by the top team, Miling, 31-11. But EVERYONE gets thrashed by them so we didn't feel too bad about ourselves.

Last night, we played the Skunks again who we lost to narrowly in the second game and I thought this time we could have a win. Except we only had five players available but you have to play if you have a minimum of five and they had seven so we really didn't stand a chance. One of our girls rocked up halfway through the first quarter so we quickly shoved her on but still it was six against seven and we went down 47-24. Very disappointing but I feel if we'd had a full team we could have won or at least the game would be very close.

I hurt both my shoulders quite badly during a game a few weeks and it took ages for them to get better. I'm not exactly sure how I hurt them but I was in quite a bit of pain for the next couple of weeks and no muscle cream was working. I couldn't lift many things, including the doona off our bed, but I kept on playing even though Duncan said I shouldn't. I'm all tough haha :) Then one morning last week I woke up and I was pain free and have been ever since. Whoever said God doesn't heal?

I'm still very much enjoying it and I'm hoping we get to do some social things together soon. It's difficult to chat before or after the game because most people arrive just before the game starts and leave as soon as it finishes because they have kids or a fair distance to travel (like me). Oh well, I'm sure I'll get to know them better gradually.

The competition has a three week break coming up soon. That'll be good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just bestowed upon you the honour of the Arte y Pico Award. Check my blog for details.