Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hobart

I'm back!

And now you can look forward to daily installments of our chilly adventure in Tassie.

First stop - Hobart. I actually liked Hobart the best. Quaint is the best word to decribe Tassie's capital. Despite the lack of parking and confusing one-way streets, I could see myself living in Hobart. It has all the conveniences of a city without being too big and bustling.






The harbour.












Duncan walking ahead.











First stop: The Cadbury factory.













I was so excited despite there being no tours anymore due to occupational health and safety....grrrr!











Do 'Cadbury'
and 'Health'
really belong
in the same
sentence?












Dunc posing...reluctantly.













About to hit the store. We bought heaps of cheap-ish chocolate.












I kissed Duncan and he turned into a frog!














Leaving paradise *sniff*.












Downtown Hobart.






























Driving to the top of Mt Wellington.











There was lots of snow.










Gross photo of me. Nice scenery though.










Nice scenery....the background is good too ;)











View of Hobart.









You can see the Tasman Bridge.





















It was the first time either of us had seen snow.












Me at the lookout.













Our first snowman!





























This part is called the pipe organ I think.















Royal Botanical Gardens.






We look like we're from The Blair Witch Project.
This one's better.
The Japanese Garden was my fave.
Action shots are not good.
Cascade Brewery. I enjoyed a nice brewski there.
Playing mini golf at a really cool place called Putter's Adventure Golf.
I got thrashed :(
Doing some trout fishing.
Dunc caught one fish but we decided to let it go.
I'm not much of a fisherwoman.

5 comments:

Mark (under construction) said...

Great photos - welcome home.

Mark Edwards said...

memories.....beautiful spot.


do you ever take that horrid jumper off??? :)

Sarah said...

Of course :)

I'm wearing a Western Force jumper in the last shot...can't you tell?

Besides there is a weight restriction on luggage. Can't take too many clothes.

Iris Flavia said...

Great pics (apart from the snowy ones, eeeek!) - seems like you had a great time :-)

bek said...

looks great! Pics are gorgeous! Glad your back!