Tuesday, July 01, 2008

New Hair....Yeah Yeah

I've decided I'm sick of my long, straggly mane and that it's time for a haircut.

I've always been fairly conservative with my hair in that I've never had a really drastic haircut (ie. having long hair and suddenly chopping it really short) but now that I'm married, I want to do something a bit 'different'. I figured that even if Duncan doesn't like it, he's stuck with me now haha!

And I'm not too worried about looking really dumb. I'm out in the middle of nowhere anyway and by the time I get to a hairdresser again (there are no hairdressers in Dally, have to go to Perth) it will have grown back.....probably.

My hair is currently pretty long. The last time I had it short was 2005 when I went to the hairdresser for a trim and relayering and came out with a mullet! I've never been to that hairdresser again! If you'd also like to avoid that place, leave me a comment or email me and I'll tell you where NOT to go. Three days later, I was in Kalgoorlie, visiting Rhianon who lived there at the time, and a fantastic hairdresser there fixed it for me.

There's a great application on Facebook called HairMixer and it enables you to try different styles on your face. All you need to do is upload a mugshot of yourself and away you go. So here's where I need your help peoples. Below, you will see five photos of different hairstyles on my face and I want you to tell which one you like best. I've labelled them Hair 1-Hair 5. You can vote by either leaving a comment or voting on the poll on the right hand side (how techy am I!)

I've already made an album on Facebook with the same title as this post so if you're my Facebook friend, you can vote there as well. If you're not my Facebook friend then you should seriously consider adding me haha!

While I do appreciate your input very much, I also reserve the right to go against the majority and do whatever I want. I'm the kind of person who just does that sometimes ;)

Also, if anyone can recommend any (cheapish) hairdressers in Perth, please let me know. I'm hoping H-Day (Haircut Day) will be this Saturday.







Hair 1















Hair 2












Hair 3 (me on right obviously)












Hair 4











Hair 5

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted, I like number 1 the best, makes you look a bit older but not too old. I quite like the colour too! Also, thanks for the award, I'll try to sort that all out on my blog tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for trying different haircuts.

I vote for the #2.
Take the second one or try some styles from gimps.de

Sarah said...

Ta for voting :)

I should have mentioned to ignore the colours and try to picture them with my hair colour. Can't afford to dye it atm.

Iris Flavia said...

LOL! Mullet – Vokuhila - Vornkurzhinten lang - - short in the front, long in the neck. Especially the soccer-fans in the 80´s wore that, gnah!!! Yeah, you mean that, I found it on Wiki, here is the german Vokuhila - oh, gosh, poor girl!!!

That can be fixed? In Kalgoorlie? Wow!

OK, I wanted to answer the previous post, so scrolled down fast, made a STOP! At the first pic and thought, GEE – HOW COOL SHE LOOKS!

I now go and vote Number 1!

A bit cheeky, a bit bold, winking - that´s the impression you made on me with it.

bek said...

I know a really really good hairdresser in perth.

BUT you have to book in a week in advance sometimes. They are SO cheap...I got my mid-long hair coloured and trim for $50 which is to die for!!

They are House of Melvan - in thornlie. You can find them on white pages and give them a call and see if they have anything free on sat.

Sarah said...

Anonymous, thanks for that website, will check it out.

Iris, yeah mullets are bad and can be fixed but the hairdresser had to chop off quite a bit of my hair to do it.

The Hair 1 photo is actually Reese Witherspoon...with my face of course.

Bek, cheers for that. Will give them a call.

Middo said...

I voted for #4, but also like Number 1 and 2

Sarah said...

Aaah, I just called House of Melvan and they're fully booked on Sat! But they have my number in case someone cancels. Anyone know of any more good, cheapish hairdressers?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah!
So many choices!
Well, speaking from experience with short hair - and loving it, there is a lot of maintainence that goes in to styling it the way the picture looks every day. There's more products to buy and more time spent on 'getting ready' in the morning.
I do like Reece's hair, but unless you have the same thickness of hair and your own personal live in hair dresser.. etc etc it wont ever look like that unless you're having a marvelous hair day!
I love having short hair, except when it comes to playing Touch Rugby, when it's harder to tie up and it flops around in my face.
Anyway, lots of things to think through.
Would love to see you and Dunc on Saturday if you're around in town... Jane and I fly out to Fiji Sat night!!
Jill

Sarah said...

Hi Jill, yeah we're having brunch with Jenn W on Sat morning. Wasn't sure when you're flying out. I could give you those DVDs then if we don't make it on Fri. No details for brunch as yet, we'll have to give Jenn a call.

Mark (under construction) said...

hair today, gone tomorrow

Safe journeys, happy memories.