Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Belated Kitchen Tea Photos

I never got around to showing you the photos from my kitchen tea. Sorry, I can't show the hens night pics......they're meant to be topic secret (them's the rules) ;).

For those of you who don't know what a kitchen tea is (I didn't until a few years ago), it's a gathering the bride has with her female friends and relatives, organised by her bridesmaids, and they all bring her something for her kitchen such as recipes, dry food etc. It was traditionally for brides who lived at home until they were married but even though nowadays most brides move out from the family home before then, many still choose to have kitchen teas to have fun with the girls and get pressies. I left home at 17 but still wanted a kitchen tea. Who doesn't want more recipes and free food?



Emma and I.




My mum (second left), Auntie Marion (second right) and family friends Ruth, Pam and Cheryl.






Aimee (my old housemate) and Lorraine.






Sandra writing out a recipe for me while we were playing the 'peg game'.









Gab (my cousin) and Rhianon.










Chris and Rianna.







Sarah, who I lived with for four months before the wedding. It was held at our house.















Emma.








The 'oldies' sipping their coffees.




















Christina and Sandra.





















Sandy and I.





Corinne and Esther.






Chris, Sandy, Jill, Jane and Jen.

No comments: