Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Force Was With Us

Two of the most common questions I get asked since I've been with Duncan are...

Is Duncan an Eagles supporter?

and

Would you marry him if he wasn't?

My answers are "yes" and "dunno".

Duncan is a rugby man mostly although he does follow the Eagles but just not as closely as he does with the Wallabies and the Western Force.

So, as an early birthday present, I switched codes for a night and took him to a Force game at Subi a week before our wedding. I was told by Duncan that rugby is a gentleman's game and that rugby fans don't boo and go psycho like AFL fans. How boring! But seriously it was the best game I could have taken him to. We ended up surrounded by South Africans (the Force were playing the Bulls, a South African team) which was interesting but didn't stop us cheering madly when the Force won at the last minute after trailing for the entire match.

As for me, well it was enjoyable but I'm still Aussie Rules all the way.













No comments: