Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Show Business

Nearly two week ago, Duncan and I went to the annual Dally Show. I haven't been to a show in years. I used to go the Albany Show each year when I was a kid and have been to the Perth Royal Show once but it was 10 years ago.

I was looking forward to entering some of the many competitions. And the good thing was that you didn't have to be a pro to enter. From cooking to craft, to crazy hats and decorated bras...there was something for everyone.


My entry for the 'Funky Farm Hat' competition which won 1st prize (and $25)











I entered three necklaces in the beaded jewellery category. This one is my fave....but it didn't win anything.













I made this one a few years ago...but again it didn't win.












I made this piece two days before the show...and it won 1st prize (and a grand prize of $2). My mum wants it for her birthday.








We entered a heap of photos but this photo of Dunc's was the only one which got a prize (he got 1st....and $2 :))







Obviously you don't enter for the prizes but it was a lot of fun. I got my entry fee reimbursed and was able to buy a couple of showbags (chocolate ones of course). When my bro-in-law texted me texted me and asked how I went and when I told him he said, "you crow very well and I thought you were an Eagle." hehe.

3 comments:

bek said...

Were you the only person who entered the competitions? hehehehe

just stirring you ;)

Love the necklace that won! Very swish!

Sarah said...

Cheeky woman! :P

No I wasn't...although there was only one other person who entered the funky farm hat comp (so she came 2nd hehe) and one other person who entered beaded jewellery (and she came 2nd too). Her piece was beautiful though...a bracelet with beads intricately woven, I can't do that yet so I was very surprised she didn't win.

Iris Flavia said...

Congrats, that hat is just hilarious! Sounds like a lot of fun :-)