Friday, October 17, 2008

The Ceremony

I came down the aisle to an instrumental version of Once Upon A Dream from Sleeping Beauty. It was one of my favourite songs when I was a kid so it had special meaning.
All I remember about the ceremony was that there were lots of eyes on me but it was a lot of fun. I didn't stuff up my vows and I had the time of my life. Dunc seemed nervous while we were saying our vows and during the giving of rings. It was nice to be on stage again....in some form.

All of our friends and family who had roles to play during the ceremony did superbly.....from the musos to the Bible readers, Dunc's dad who prayed for us, the welcomers and of course the minister and the bridal party. We are so grateful for helping us out on our special day.

The ceremony went so quickly and before we knew it....we were married!

We signed the register with Pachabel's Canon in D playing in the background and then walking back up the aisle to one of Dunc's favourite songs - Beautiful Day by U2. He'd had it planned that he wanted it for the recessional song at his wedding for years! And I thought girls were the only ones who planned their weddings well in advance.

It was a beautiful day indeed....with more to come!

For more photos, see my Facebook album.














Rianna














Christina















Rhianon

















Emma










































The 'maids in full voice.

















Tammy doing the first Bible reading.
















Lorraine doing the second one.













Hilarious photo of David giving his message. He looks like a fire and brimstone preacher ;)



















































Dunc's dad praying for us.



































We're married!

No comments: