Friday, October 10, 2008

Getting Ready

Finally I'm getting around to putting my wedding photos on my blog. For those of you who are my Facebook friends, you may have seen them before. Here are a selection of the photos which our photographer took of me and the bridesmaids getting ready (there are so many photos!)

The fourth wedding I went to in 2008 was my own. On the morning of Saturday 12th April, I woke up at 6am, having stayed and my bridesmaid Christina's house on my last night as a single woman. She lives just five minutes from Scarborough Church of Christ, where we were married, so it was ideal to have her place as our 'getting ready' location.

After my shower, I sat around waiting for Christina and Rianna (who was also staying there) to wake up. The hairdresser was due to arrive at 7am and that was also when Emma and Rhianon were meant to arrive. I was so afraid that I was going to oversleep that I made sure I was ready in plenty of time.

Once everyone was there, we began the hair and makeup production line. One of us would have our hair done while another would have their makeup done by Christina. Then we swapped around. Everyone thought I looked so calm. They said they thought I would at least be super nervous or super excited but I actually felt really relaxed. But after my makeup was done, I started to feel a bit sick so the girls made me a peppermint tea. That was a great help in calming me down again.

Justine, the photographer, arrived slightly early so she busied herself taking photos of my dress, shoes and jewellery while we finished off our hair and makeup. Everything was running in good time, I couldn't believe how punctual we were, I was so sure we'd be running behind schedule. I did start to panic a bit when the flowers were a bit late in being dropped off, I was worried that our florist (who is also from my old church) had got lost. But she hadn't. She turned up and everything was fine. The flowers were gorgeous.
Once we were all dressed and ready, we had our photos on Christina's back verandah which was a really beautiful setting and I thought the photos worked out well. Once we'd finished, I realised that I'd forgotten to put my hoop under my dress. The girls quickly helped me put it on. I'd paid $50 to hire the thing so I didn't want my money going to waste. Then I had my photos with my parents. That's why my dress looks boofier in some photos more than others.

The chauffeurs (Dave and Al - friends of ours) arrived well on time and I realised that I actually WASN'T going to be fashionably late. Justine needed to take some photos of Duncan and his men at the church so she asked us if we wouldn't mind being about 10 minutes late. We obliged. I was helped through the front yard and into the car ready for the (short) journey ahead.
To be continued......











For more photos, visit my Facebook album.