Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ok You Twisted My Arm....

I'm staying in the blogosphere.

No, I didn't get the 10 votes I was hoping for. I got 8 plus a random comment and I'm thinking that maybe that person didn't vote on my poll so that's 9. Or maybe they did, I can never be sure by looking at stats. At least I didn't get any 'no' votes which makes sense because if someone rarely visits my blog then they probably wouldn't drop by to vote anyway!

Thank you to those who did vote and for the kind-hearted comments. I appreciate them, ta muchly.

I think something Middo said has helped me see past the numbers thing....to blog for myself and see comments as a bonus, that it's possible for others to comment even if they don't always. I have always enjoyed writing for myself, writing for anyone else would suck. I think that's why I prefer to work alone writing my novel because I can't stand anyone else telling me what to write about. In the past, people have suggested that I become a writer for a TV show but I would find it too hard writing about characters I didn't create in a way that would possibly feel foreign to me. And I have so many potential posts for this blog which I will eventually get around to doing, comments or not. I just have to believe that somewhere, someone is getting something out of what I write.

Michael's suggestion about my blog helping my online presence as a writer was also something I've been thinking about. I think that if I was a published author then I'd definitely like to have a website and a blog attached to it.....but not this blog. Don't ask me why, I just don't feel comfortable with it. I see a lot of photographers have websites and blogs but their blog is always quite general, never overtly personal. I don't even want to mention the title of my book here in case someone one day Googles it and ends up on my blog. Now I know this doesn't make sense when I said I'd like more readers. But for me to speak honestly about some things, I can't have certain people here. If they find it, they find it but I'm not going to advertise it.

Thanks again. I may blog more on these thoughts as my book keeps edging closer to completion.

Stay tuned for more at the Sedshed in 09.

4 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Great you keep stickin´ around :-)

Middo said...

WOO HOO!

bek said...

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS!!! You were going to stop!?!?!?!

I am so glad you're sticking around!!! Though I rarely get a moment to sit through and read all my blogs I still love to read your blog!

I have a crap internet connection too and so I dont leave comments as much as I wish I could because my net is so slow that I get too impatient to leave comments....but no that I still read your blog, and many others.

I just checked my reader this morning and I currently have over 500 posts to catch up on. sigh

Anyway....I'm glad your going to continue! I love reading your blog...and I'm so sad you lost your chooks...that post made me cry :( snif

Anywho...YAY your staying!!!

Sarah said...

Thanks guys.

Hey Bek, I think you're doing a good job getting on the net AT ALL with a bub. I totally understand the crap internet thing...we have the same problem here!