Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 1 in RAdelaide

Now that I've showed you my writing-related photos, I shall share about the rest of the adventure.

We arrived in Adelaide at about 10pm their time last Monday week and were surprised to see my cousin, Matt, at the airport waiting to pick us up. We presumed he'd be working night shift (he's a nurse) so we were planning to take a taxi. Matt took us to my auntie's (his mum's) place and stayed for a coffee. We hadn't seen them in six years.

Auntie Al is my mum's sister-in-law. She was married to my mum's brother but he passed away in 1987. Now she's 72 and lives with her dog, Max, a Shitzu/Maltese. When I told Duncan what kind of dog Max was, he said, "Ah, a rodent."

Tuesday was spent resting, hanging out with Auntie Al and exploring the area where she lives. Her house is about a 10 minute walk from the beach. I loved staying with her. She's very much like my nan with a dry sense of humour and quick wit.

The neighbouring suburb. Canal living. It reminded me of Port Bouvard.










My mum.























Auntie Al's house.











Semaphore Beach.







Auntie Al and Max.
Obviously a self-taken pic.
Out to dinner with Matt (far right) and his partner, Marcus.

No comments: