Thursday, July 23, 2009

Glenelg

Glenelg is one of Adelaide's popular beachside suburbs. In the summer, it is packed with tourists but during the drizzly day we visited, the beach wasn't nearly so appealing. The main street is lined with all sorts of shops and I bought a coat at a boutique. We visited the museum to escape the rain and then had to hurry back so we could catch the plane home.

Overall, it was a thoroughly enjoyable holiday although I'm not sure my mum and I really should go on a holiday together again just by ourselves. At times, I found myself getting very irritable with her and I apologised later. I just get SO impatient with technophobes......Mum has a mobile phone which she doesn't know how to use so she just has it switched off all the time. I think it's a waste of a phone!
Anyway, I'm very glad I got to visit another Australian capital city. Now I've been to four (Perth, Melbourne, Hobart and Adelaide).

Oh, and Glenelg spelt backwards is........Glenelg. Cool huh? I wonder if any other places have names which can do that.

That's the end of my Adelaide photos. Back to deep and meaningfuls tomorrow. :)















Glenelg jetty.















Town Hall and museum.












Waiting for the tram.

No comments: