Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's Show Time!

Last weekend was the annual district show. I know a lot of locals just yawn when the show is mentioned but, as a newcomer, I see it as a chance to unleash my creative juices. I'd never get around to doing anything crafty otherwise. This year I entered the inaugural funky t-shirt competition with a design I created in my Year 10 art class. Ok, so it took 11 years, but I finally made it into a shirt. And I WON! WOOHOO!




My new clothing range.








I won $25 for first prize :)
My advice...NEVER work with feathers!
Neither of my necklaces won unfortunately.
I'm hoping to sell them at our local fete which is coming up in a few weeks.
My earrings which I made for myself months ago and decided to enter at the last minute. They won first prize believe it or not (prize was $2 haha).
Next year I'm going to attempt crocheting with beads :)
And NO I was not the only person to enter these competitions :P

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

Congrats, cool stuff!

Hehe, my Swing´s little roof is covered in light-green feathers :-)