Tuesday, September 15, 2009

5 Favourite AFL Club Songs

In celebration of it being the middle of the AFL finals, I've decided to list what I think are the top five club songs. Of course the Eagles' song is no doubt the best but to eliminate bias, I'll exclude them from the list.

1. Melbourne
Too bad we don't get to hear this song too often because I reckon it's the best. It's fast, it's catchy, it's triumphant and it reminds me of musicals. I love it. It frequently gets stuck in my head.

2. Richmond
As above.

3. Collingwood
As much as I can't stand the Pies, I have to admit they have a good song. It makes me want to start dancing in the street.

4. Essendon
It reminds me of a war victory song and a musical song at the same time. No wonder the Bombers fans get revved up and passionate.

5. Adelaide
I loved this song when Adelaide won their back-to-back flags. It doesn't have the fast, catchy tunes of the Melbourne clubs' songs but it's a strong, military sounding song to put the fear into opponents.

So there's my Top 5. Bar your own team, which teams do you think have the best club songs?

No comments: