Monday, November 09, 2009

New Job!

Well, as the title of this post indicates, I have a new job!

Last year, I applied for an admin job at a farming organisation in Buntine, went for an interview and was turned down. In May this year, I approached them about doing my TAFE prac with them and they were happy to have some slave labour for two and a half months.

Three weeks ago, they rang me up and offered me a job (yes, a paid one)!

It's for two days a week, although I'm doing induction and training for one day a week until Christmas and start properly in January. I've committed to my current job until Christmas and maybe I might work one day a week with them as well next year. The boss is still working out her staffing so I'll have to wait and see.

After doing a fairly mindless job for a while, I feel I'm ready to move on to something a bit more challenging. I've enjoyed my time at the gift shop and I'm still hoping I don't have to leave completely. I had my first day of induction last week and my head is spinning a bit. They have so many committees, meetings and events....I have a lot to learn.

I can't remember the last time anyone (who wasn't family) just rang me up and offered me a job, without even having an interview!

Strange how things work out.....

2 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Strange, but YAY :-)
Sounds good!

Mark Edwards said...

you put yourself out there...went and did work for nothing.

Opportunities come to those who are proactive. well done.