Tuesday, March 02, 2010

5 Things I Can't Stand About Summer!

Well, today is the 2nd March.  Summer officially ended two days ago and now it is supposed to be autumn.  Note I said SUPPOSED to be autumn.  Up here, summer tends to go from November-March so we have at least another month of yucky hot weather ahead of us!

Here are five things I can't stand about summer:

1.  The heat (duh!).  I hate it when I go outside for TWO MINUTES and the sun immediately starts biting my skin.
2.  Flies, mosquitos and other creepy crawlies.  Note to mozzies: I am not a bloodbank!
3.  The reliance on airconditioning (as much as a blessing as it is).  We have regular power outages up here and it's not nice in summer with no aircon.
4.  Having to put on sunscreen and therefore feeling slimy.
5.  Burning my feet on the concrete or sand.

What don't you like about summer?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I hate summer a lot. I in fact love spring but can think of things I don't like about that season too such as hayfever. Summer for me = being sweaty, not being able to wear my socks, dry feet, flies, sunburn, sunscreen, having to put sunscreen on the kids every time we go outside and wear hats (and try to keep them on), not being able to use my doona etc etc....yep hate it!! I love winter and autumn the best. : )

Iris Flavia said...

If I lived in your place probably the same (though there are suncreens that are non-greasy).

Here.. it´s the wasps. And sometimes the cold and the rain. Apart from that: I just love summer! Hopefully we get a good (read (German) warm/hot) one!