Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ooh Aah Mark LeCras

Move aside Glenn McGrath.

Yep, I'm still smiling after Eagles' small forward, Mark LeCras, kicked 12 goals, and the Eagles finally got their fourth victory of the season.


I'm allowed to smile after a season with little to smile about :).

It makes me realise how much times have changed.  In the Eagles' glory years, LOSING four games in a SEASON would have been terrible.  Now getting their fourth win out of 16 games is a reason to have a big grin on my face.

My how the tables have turned.  Losing has become the norm and winning is a rare gift.  Now I appreciate the wins like they were gold nuggets rather than expected.

LeCras is an incredibly intelligent and gifted player.  If we only had 10 of him.....

Picture is from http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/west-coast-forward-mark-lecras-boots-12-as-eagles-bring-down-bombers/story-e6frg1x3-1225893409911

2 comments:

Mark Edwards said...

aaah now you know how I have felt.
may the Eagles losses continue...
ha! :)

Sarah said...

No, the difference is I haven't become bitter and twisted about it. Dorks are looking pretty shaky without Barlow I see....hahaha! :)