Tuesday, August 24, 2010

DIY Lantern

My friend, Rhianon, gave me a FABULOUS book for my birthday.  It's called Homemade: Gorgeous Things To Make With Love by Ros Badger and Elspeth Thompson.  If you like making something out of random things, then this is the book for you.  From decorated coat hangers, to natural cleaning products, to ipod covers, there is so much I can't wait to get started on.  Excited much?


A few months ago, my church ran Secret Friend again, and I decided to try making one of the homemade lanterns in the book.

First you need a jar (I used an old mayonnaise one) and a candle.  I got Duncan to melt the bottom of the candle and stick it in the jar.

Then I glued some tissue paper around the outside, stuck some flowers on for decoration, then tied and glued a ribbon around the rim so the lantern can be hung if desired.


The photos aren't great, but it should look nice with the candle lit.

Stay tuned to see what I will make next.  The patchwork skirt is looking very tempting.

No comments: