Friday, August 06, 2010

Friday Funny

There's nothing like a few random 'wrong number' calls to get me smiling after a difficult past fortnight.

First, there was the call to my mobile from a dentist in Sydney, looking for Mr Robbins.

"Hello, is that Mr Robbins?"
Ummm do I SOUND like a Mr Robbins?!?
"No, sorry I think you have the wrong number."
"Well, we just want to remind Mr Robbins that he has a dentist appointment tomorrow and this is the number we have on our records.  I'll try again."

Five minutes later...

"Hello, is Mr Robbins there, please?"
"Sorry, you have the wrong number again."

The next day I get a text reminding me of my appointment at this dental clinic in Sydney.  I texted them back, explaining that they have the wrong number and seeing that I live in WA, I definitely don't have an appointment at their clinic.  I wonder if Mr Robbins did manage to get to his appointment?

Three days ago at work, my phone rings and I notice that it's a number I don't recognise before I answer.
"Hello?"
"Hi Sarah."
Ok, I'm thinking, this phone call is for me this time...but who is it?
"It's Justine Lee's mum here."
Who on earth is Justine Lee?  Do I know her?  My brain works overtime.
"Oh right, hello."
Maybe I can wing it hehe.
"I was just wondering if you want to bring Rowan over for a playdate with Justine?"
What the...I have a son called Rowan?
"Umm I think you have the wrong number, sorry."
The lady laughs, apologises and hangs up.

How weird that she really did want Sarah and whoever this Sarah is, she obviously has a very similar mobile number to mine.

Ah, there's nothing quite like the random callers.  I've learnt that my alias is Mr Robbins, and that I have a son called Rowan who I have obviously forgotten about. Hahaha!

What are the randomest 'wrong number' calls you have received?  Tell me stories. :)

2 comments:

Ronnica said...

That second one is especially funny!

Iris Flavia said...

LOL!!!! Mr Robbins, could you please get serious and take Rowan from here??? He´s really kinda noisy and wants his Daddy back!

Dude, no, no such funny calls to report!
Thanks for sharing!