Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hayley's Surprise Baby Shower

Duncan's boss and his wife are due to have their first child on the 26th September.  A few months back a group of us girls from church got together to scheme and plot a surprise baby shower for Hayley.

I put this book together for Hayley and Brad.  It contains advice from other mums and encouragement from those (like me) who are childless.

Hayley was so surprised when she rocked up at the venue to see everyone waiting to greet her on the verge.

I tried to get Hayley to re-enact her 'surprised' face, but she kept laughing.

Some of the guests in the decorated lounge room.

Ooh presents!

Hayley's mother-in-law, Rosemary, helping her with her many gifts.

More baby things.

This one was from the 'organising committee'.  We each put something in to make a hamper for Hayley, that was just for her...not baby stuff.

We had to guess whether the baby will be a boy or a girl along with the weight, date of birth and a name.  My guess is GIRL.  I picked Louisa for the name.  Goodness knows why; maybe it's because I think they're more likely to go for a normal name rather than something offbeat.  Or maybe I just had The Sound of Music on my brain. 

No comments: