Wednesday, February 09, 2011

U2 Woooooohooooooo!

On Friday 3rd September 2010 at 8:50am, I sat at my laptop, along with thousands of others, patiently waiting for 9am.  I refreshed the webpage continuously and, after a reasonably short period, I had what most of WA was after....U2 tickets!

We went to their concert on Saturday 18th December, the first of two.  To say the least, it was brilliant.  A spectacular extravaganza suring which Bono proved he could still work the crowd.  One of the most powerful moments of the night was when he started singing the first couple of verses of Amazing Grace.  Unfortunately I heard a few groans behind me, people obviously not wanting to be reminded of Bono's well-publicised faith.

The only downside of the evening...they didn't play my favourite song, All I Want Is You.



Our friends, Sarah and Barry.


Jay-Z, the supporting act.  Not really my type of music.

Bono doing his thing.


I wondered if the rocket thing was going to actually take off!

No comments: