Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Residents of Cluckingham Palace

I would like to extend a big welcome to:

Florentine
Omelette
Eggnog
Shelley
Clementine
Gwendoline (aka Gwen the Hen)
Gloria
Rose (in honour of my Nan who loved chooks)

We wanted four hens to replace the ones we lost. The handyman, who has been working on our house, gave us eight. We’ll never be short of eggs now.

Yes, I can tell my birds apart. The first four girls have white bands on their ankles. The next three have pink ones. Rose doesn’t have any.

Russell Crowe is enjoying have many wives…except when they peck his bum (which is another story).

Princess Layer does NOT like the newcomers. They peck her and she has had to deal with other girls stealing her rooster’s attention. When I feed them she follows me around everywhere and tells me about it. I think she considers herself to be my special hen.

Here’s a group photo:


They were very happy when I finally allowed them to stop posing and eat their dinner.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love it Sarah, and good job coming up with all those names. Go Princess Layer! Oh and poor Russel's bum.

Sarah said...

Thanks. I hope this lot have a long life. I've run out of ideas for names.