Friday, February 22, 2013

Stand By Me by Ben E. King

One thing I firmly believe in is that true friends will stand by you when you're down and out, and will still be there when you come out the other side.

Right now I feel like such a bad friend since I'm taking forever to return phone calls and emails, and every conversation with me is self-centred and depressing.  I rarely smile and rarely laugh.

But I have hope that it will pass and will one day be a distant memory.

I can relate to these lyrics at the moment:

When the night has come,
And the land is dark,
And the moon is the only light we'll see,
No I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid,
Just as long as you stand, stand by me.

If the sky that we look upon,
Should tumble and fall,
And the mountains should crumble to the sea.
I won't cry, I won't cry, no I won't shed a tear,
Just as long as you stand, stand by me.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Any good friend would realise that you're in a tough spot right now and not expect much of you at present. In any relationship there needs to be give and take. Times when they hold you up and times when you hold them up as well as times when you can give to it mutually. I wouldn't be worried.