Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus by Helen H Lemmel

This song has brought me great comfort this year.  I often found myself humming the tune while I was in hospital:

O soul are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's a light for a look at the Saviour,
And life more abundant and free.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting,
He passed and we follow him there;
Over us no more sin hath dominion -
For more than conquerors are we.

His Word shall not fail you - He promised;
Believe Him, and all will go well:
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell.

Lyrics sourced from here.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love that Hymn!

I was having a terrible time a couple of years ago and walked to Curves for a regular workout and they were playing their "Christian" CD. This was one of the songs. I struggled not to belt it out, but that would have been a bit shocking for my fellow Japanese women exercisers :-)