Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Speaking Out

While I was visiting my parents recently, my mum showed me an article from The West Australian newspaper. It was featured as part of Mental Health Week and was a Perth woman's story of her battle with postnatal depression.
"Do you know this woman?" my mum asked.  The reason she thought I might know her was that the article mentioned she'd been in the MBU earlier this year.

Yes, I know her!  Julie was in the MBU when I was.  I really appreciated her input in the group sessions, her honesty and openness, and I was so sad when I read that it hasn't been smooth sailing for her since she was discharged.

I'm going to write to the editor and thank Julie for being brave enough to share her story.  She continues to be an encouragement to me.



No comments: