Monday, March 31, 2014

Yesterday, A Year Ago

Yesterday was a sad anniversary.  It was a year since I had my 'breakdown' and ended up in Bunbury Hospital.

I'm glad to report though that the 30th March 2014 was a much happier day.

As I reflected back, I realised that it's ok to grieve because, although they are less raw, the memories from that time in my life are still painful.  But I can also rejoice because it was when I sank to the lowest I could go, that God set the wheels in motion that would lead to my recovery.

I can look back to a year ago and praise God because of how far He's brought me since then, the friends I've made, the support I've received, and the story of hope I have to share with other women struggling with postnatal depression.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

What a journey. Thanks be to God who has held you tight through this year. And look at you now. Look back to see how God has been at work, and then fix your eyes forward. Thanks be to God for Duncan too, who has supported you so well and been supported by Him, and for Rory, who is clearly thriving and full of small boy joy.
Mx

Sarah said...

Thanks Meredith. x

Joanna said...

I'm really glad, Sarah. Yes, it is absolutely appropriate to grieve what is lost and I hope you can do that without guilt. But I'm also glad that things are so much better than they were and that you can look to the future with hope.

Iris Flavia said...

People like you sure are a big help to other young mothers. Good you shared also the bad things that can happen. And glad you´re over it, too.