Monday, March 30, 2015

I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash

Today is the two year anniversary of the day I went to hospital.  Two years since I hit the bottom of the pit and began the long and painful process of recovering from the grips of postnatal depression.

Perhaps I shouldn't be remembering this date, but it's kind of hard to forget, especially since it's also a good friend's birthday.

This song reminds me of how far God has brought me since that time. I praise His name that I can see again, that He has cast the darkness and the fog away.

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone.
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sun-shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone.
All of the bad feelings have disappeared.
Here is the rainbow I've been prayin' for.
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sun-shiny day.

Lyrics sourced from here.

No comments: