Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Diary of an Incubator: Hindsight and the Fourth Trimester

Now that I'm about to become a mum for the second time, hindsight really is a blessing.

I know a bit more of what to expect, and I know the difficult stuff doesn't last forever.

It will pass.

With Rory, I was so terrified that I had to get him into a routine, otherwise he'd develop 'bad habits'.  I nearly drove myself mad.

I'm not listening to those people or books this time around.

As hard as having a newborn is, I know the bubba needs me.  It's scary coming into a strange new world.


1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, was the same in my Bro´s family. With Niece everybody had to disinfect hands before touching, SIL went to full power straight away. This time no desinfectant and rest it was.
And I reckon the second is more relaxed, too.
At least little Niece. She doesn´t mind even if Niece screams at her.
The confidence the parents have sure is felt by the wee ones, as the insecurance and that even goes for aunties :-)