Monday, May 15, 2017

A Day's Work

This poem reflects motherhood so beautifully.  Happy Mother's Day for yesterday!

Today I left some dishes dirty,
The beds were made around 2:30.
The nappies soaked a little longer,
Their odour grew a little stronger.
The crumbs I spilt the day before,
Are staring at me from the floor.
The dirty streaks on the window panes,
Will still be there next time it rains.
"Oh shame! Oh lazy one," you say,
"And just what did you do today?"
I nursed a baby while she slept,
And held a toddler while he wept.
I played a game of hide and seek,
I squeezed a toy and made it squeak.
I pushed a swing, I sang a song,
I taught a child what's right from wrong.
What did I do this whole day through?
Not much that shows, I guess it's true.'
Unless you think what I have done,
May be important to someone,
With bright brown eyes and soft dark hair.
If that is true, I've done my share.

Sourced from here

No comments: